Thank you!

140329

(Acne knit / Étoile Isabel Marant jeans / Isabel Marant Holden sandals / Céline bag)

A quick snapshot of what I was wearing yesterday during a beautiful Spring day.

I want to take the opportunity to thank everyone that took the time and effort to leave a comment or contacted me in any other way after reading my previous post! I was really touched by all your heart-warming stories and support! Words really cannot describe how much your support and kind words mean to me and how much strength and courage it gives me. And for that I thank all of you!! For the ones that experienced a similar thing or are still going through difficult times, I hope my story is proof that you are not alone. I truly believe that keep on doing what gives you energy and makes you happy is what will help you get stronger, and will help you to get to know yourself better, so that you can become a better version of yourself.

A dear friend of mine once mentioned this quote from “The Little Prince”, a quote that since then has been one of my favorites: “It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye”.

Yes, I think we should enjoy fashion and we should never stop appreciating the finer things in live. Because I think that adds to our joie de vivre. But in the end, I think it is far more important to have the ability to look beyond that and not let our judgment be blurred by appearances only and judge people only on how they look on the outside or what they possess. So can we try to look beyond that and try to get to know the person they are underneath the nice clothes they’re wearing or the things they have? Because everyone has their own story and I believe people shouldn’t be defined by what their status is, or what they own or look like, but rather who they are on the inside. And that for me is essential. Have a wonderful weekend!

This entry was posted in General and tagged , , , . Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Thank you!

1. Brenda says:

That’s a great quote Kayin! One I will remember and continue to put those essential things first. Xx

2. Bella says:

Very true words. The outside doesn’t tell us everything about another person, and material possessions don’t necessarily equal happiness, not for ourselves and not for others either. The recent rash of Hollywood suicides should be proof of that.
    At the same time, taking care of your appearance and making sure you are true to your own style, if that’s important to you, is an important part of self care and also nurtures your inside.
    On another note, you are rocking those Holden sandals!!!! Great that we’ve had sandal weather over here lately; that also lifts the spirits :).

• Kayin says:

Thanks Bella! I think you’re so right. Thank you for sharing your wise words. So I’m assuming you put your Brook sandals to good use this weekend?! :)

3. Theresa says:

Absolutely love that quote. And I couldn’t agree with you more. How we are on the inside speaks volumes and matters the most. :)

LOVE those sandals on you. But why am I surprised? IM’s pieces continually suit you perfectly. Great accent to the top/jeans and you look beautiful sweetheart!

xTheresa

4. Sabine says:

Kayin, I wrote you before that I’m going through the exact same thing. Thanks for your reply and the kind words. Yes, it is only with the heart that one can see rightly. Again you brought me to tears with your words. I think just someone who is knowing how I feel can find the right words. Thanks a lot. I think your friends can be lucky tohave you as a friend, you are a wonderful and profound person. Thanks for writing this blog
    xx

• Kayin says:

Wow Sabine, thank you so much for your comment! That is a huge compliment! I truly hope that you will get better and stronger and eventually overcome these difficult times. Try to connect with friends and family that are understanding and supportive. Try to meet new people that are inspiring. And most important, try to avoid people that are judgmental, negative or don’t have your best interest at heart. Most people don’t change or don’t want to understand. It is up to you who you want to spend your precious time and energy with. ;) I wish you all the best, you are not alone and there are people out there that do understand what you are going through! xx

• Kayin says:

Sabine, in addition to my reply I wanted to share this song with you. It’s a song that is special to me and gave me strength. I hope it can help you as well. xx

5. Sian says:

Hi Kayin, how are you doing?
    The brighter, warmer weather always lifts the mood, are you finding that the Spring weather helps?

Looking at number of comments from the previous post, you have a lot of people who care and are rooting for you! Keep on going chica!

Sian x

• Kayin says:

Hi Sian, thanks for your kind words! The Spring weather does help. But what really was uplifting were indeed all the amazing comments. Thank you for asking. I hope you enjoying the Spring weather as well! :) xx